B&B Guidebook Review
Formerly Bed and Breakfast Encyclopedia; data presented somewhat differently at BNBinns.com; has other URLs
|| || |
Date last reviewed:
- Area Covered:
- US, Canada & U.S. Territories
- Listing Type/Number:
- Approximately 18,000, of which 4,600 are detailed in searchable database Estimated based on previous year data.. About 3,000 detailed listings have line drawing and/or one or more pictures; all have short description, rate info. Has weather and map links.
- From home page, have 2 search options
- 'Quick Search' box may enter city and select state from drop-down list. Results page gives option to expand radius up to 100 miles. May also click on 'more search options' which takes you to Advanced Search page
- 'Find An Inn' on top toolbar takes to Advanced Search page with additional options: (city, postal code, name, leisure activity, interest or region).
- City, postal code or name searches allow input of city (or zip code), drop down of states (except for post code), and additional amenity choices.
- Leisure activity & By Interst are similar, but adds list of activities/interests that may be selected.
- By Region gives world map and list of major regions. Select US to get list of states. Select state to get general map showing regions & list of cities in region.
Ultimate result of search is a table with inns in the selected city with most-detailed listings first, then less detailed, then "nearby" cities, which may be as much as 200 miles away. Search crosses state lines. City pages have a map showing location of listed inns, but map loaded very slowly on dial-up.
- Quality Assurance
- Listings indicate which inns are shown as inspected. Text written by guidebook staff based mostly on data submitted by inns, including press & guest comments, with some selectivity. Some personally visited by authors.
- Has link to standard on-line availability for many inns; has secure on-line reservation request for some inns (not availability). Has discount club, newsletter and informational articles, inns for sale. "Additional Inns" on various pages has some long-closed inns. Published by American Historic Inns, an experienced guidebook publisher. Guide cooperated in facilitating review and verifying data.
- Innkeeper Info:
- Promotion: All pages indexable by search engines. Has click boxes on Google and other PPC sites.
- Cost: listing with picture and data is $100, with link, more data & second city cross-listing is $150; additional data/pictures/additional city listing is $250. Apply on-line; partially self-updatable.
- Contact: (949)497-2232, fax (949)497-9228, email email@example.com
- Innkeeper Blog comments: Innkeeper B&B Directory Reference
- Web Presence Evaluation:
- No. 6 of 78 guides evaluated by Inntelligent.com (5-star).
- Composite of INNSTAR/Inntelligent ratings: 10/10.
- Google® page rank of home page: 6/10.
- My B&B Results:
- Listing provided about 2.25% (118) of my B&B's website's guide-sourced unique visitors Jan-Dec 2005.
- Listing provided 1 proven guest-night at my 1-unit B&B.
Ratings Summary (see criteria for details)
A (of 20) - 20
B (of 20) - 18
C (of 30) - 26
D (of 10) - 8
E (of 5) - 2
F (of 10) - 10
G (of 5) - 3
| INNSTAR Home page | North America ratings | Alphabetical list | Regional list |
| 5 INNSTAR Guides | 4 INNSTAR Guides | 3 INNSTAR Guides | 2 INNSTAR Guides | 1 INNSTAR Guides | Unrated Guides | New Books |
© 2002-6 Cedarcroft Enterprises
Sevices to the Bed & Breakfast Industry
Plus Cedarcroft Farm Bed & Breakfast
431 SE County Road Y, Warrensburg, MO 64093-8316 USA
Send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Research & Design By